Saturday, January 16, 2010

A Truth Universally Acknowledged

I spent the day reading Pride and Prejudice, shopping and wandering the streets of Norwich, enjoying the rainy view of the English landscape from my bedroom window, and drinking tea with biscuits. MLIW (My Life Is Wonderful)

Quote of the Day: "I declare after all there is no enjoyment like reading! How much sooner one tires of anything than of a book! When I have a house of my own, I shall be miserable if I have not an excellent library." --Jane Austen, Pride and Prejudice

Caitlin (Whittie) and I didn't find much shopping, though--UK styles are very strange, and we're still trying to figure out the sizing difference. The shoe stores, however, are fabulous. I haven't gone into one yet (we were on a mission for appropriate clubbing attire) but the shoes in the windows are to die for. I should probably keep a safe distance if I want any hope of zipping my suitcase come June.

New words:
Jumper (n): a sweater, not a girl's dress.
Daim (n): 1. a bar of toffee smothered in milk chocolate; 2. my new favorite candy bar.
Fairy cake (n): a cupcake. I'm never calling them cupcakes again.

No comments:

Post a Comment